Siirry pääsisältöön

Let's get it started

Hi.

So this is how it goes.

I make living out of Power BI reports. I do mostly visual design, but ETL and the whole process starting from defining KPIs with customers to hands on training them how to use the reports falls into my lap.

I use this blog as a personal notebook for stuff I have found of interest. By sharing my thoughts I think I could help some of you fellow Power BI users out or at least give something to think about.

I'll keep the threshold to post stuff really low. I mean really, really low. Like there's no threshold. If something comes to mind, I'll post it.

So let's get to business.

Tämän blogin suosituimmat tekstit

Understanding Power BI Context: What You Need to Know

It's crucial to comprehend the concept of context in order to use Power BI efficiently. In this article, I'll examine what context in Power BI is and how it can be utilized to produce reports that are more useful. What Are the Power BI Contexts? Row context and filter context are the two different types of context available in Power BI. These contexts specify how a report's data is filtered and computed. What Distinguishes Row Context from Filter Context? Whereas row context applies filters to specific data rows, filter context applies filters to the entire report. In other words, row context filters the data after it has been calculated, whereas filter context filters the data before it. What Does Power BI's Context Filter Mean? A filter type known as a context filter modifies the report's filter context. As a result, you can filter report data without altering the underlying data. You could add a context filter to a report that displays sales by region to only dis